Student Health Services
Health Care OptionsAs a Park Student, a variety of different health care options are available to you depending on the type of health insurance you carry and your specific medical needs. You can view a list of some of the key health care providers and information sources in the area below.
If you would like detailed information about student insurance options, Enrollment Services can provide you with additional information and assistance.
Park University Student InsuranceStudents with Park University Student Insurance (offered through UnitedHealthcare) can utilize the following healthcare services located not far from the University.
Saint Luke's North Hospital on Barry Road is located about 3.2 miles from the campus.
5844 NW Barry Rd Suite 110
Kansas City, MO 64154-1483
Hours of Operation
Mondays and Thursdays: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesdays: 8:00 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Fridays: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturdays: 8:30 a.m. - noon
Call (816) 746-1226 or (816) 880-6100 during the following hours to make an appointment:
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Fridays: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mosaic Life Care is 1.4 miles north from the university.
6185 Jefferson Avenue
Parkville, MO 64152
Ph: (816) 569-1600
Hours of OperationPrimary Care: Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Urgent Care: Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Call (800) 447-6820 for appointments.
Ask for nurse practitioner Sheryl Wormington or Amy Holman (M.D) for United Healthcare insurance carriers.
- Swope Park Health Northland
4443 NW Gateway
Riverside, MO 64150
Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Tue: 8:30am - 8:00pm
- Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center
Northland Family Medicine & WIC Services
4820A North Oak
Kansas City, MO 64118
M- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
T/Th- 10:00am-7:00 pm
W- 8:00 am-noon
F- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
WIC - T/Th 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Building closed noon-1:00pm for lunch Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- The Urgency Room (For urgent care)
10015 N Ambassador Dr #100
Kansas City, MO 64153
Walk-In Clinic, Open 7 Days A Week
Monday - Friday 7:30am-8pm
Saturday 9am – 5pm
Sunday 10am - 6pm
- Family Medical Clinic at Crestview Elementary School
4327 N.Holmes, Kansas City, MO 64116
Mondays, 8am- noon, 1-4:30 pm
Wednesdays, 10am-1pm, 2pm-6:30pm
Fridays, 8am- noon, Walk-Ins Welcome
- Meritas Health Park Plaza
- Gashland Clinic
- Briarcliff Medical Associates
- CVS Minuteclinic Kansas PA
- Walgreens Take Care Clinic: There are five Walgreens Take Care Clinics in the area. The closest one is one block from the intersection of Highways 9 and 45, next to the Price Chopper. Be informed that Walgreens Take Care Clinics provide FREE flu shots if you carry UnitedHealthcare, but they also accept a number of other private insurance providers.
If you would like more information about Student Insurance, contact Enrollment Services.
Private InsuranceStudents with private insurance will need to find a provider through their network.
All students are encouraged to carry the United Health Insurance. Residential Students, Varsity Athletes, International Students with F-1 Status, and Nursing Students are required to purchase Student Insurance unless they provide proof of personal insurance. Details are available from Enrollment Services.
County Health Departments
- Platte County Health Department
- Clay County Health Department
- Wyandotte County Health Department
- Jackson County Health Department
- Johnson County Health Department
General Health Information
- USDA's My Plate
- USDA's Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- American Dietetic Association
- The Daily Plate - Free, online calorie counter and exercise tracker; large database of restaurant entrees
- Kansas City Dance Lessons - any and every kind of dance
- YMCA of Platte County
- YMCA of Clay County
- Liberty Community Center
Low Income and Public Assistance
- Women, Infants, and Children in Missouri
- Women, Infants, and Children in Kansas
- UMKC Dental School
- Planned Parenthood Northland