Mary L. Parker Scholarship
Mary Louise Parker, ex-student from the Class of 1930 has established this scholarship to her alma mater to benefit women, particularly single parent women, wishing to complete their education. Although Mrs. Parker completed her education at The University of Kansas, she has always thought Park as her alma mater.
Selection criteria is as follows:
- Recipient to be a women, 25 years of age or older and a mother of a child(ren) of whom she has custody and who is/are living in her home
- Recipient to be holding, and maintain a full-time job (30 hours or more)
- Recipient to maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Preference to be given to a recipient who is not currently married, although recipient will not lose the scholarship upon marriage
- Recipient may be a full-time or part-time student in any of Park’s programs
- Recipient is requested to acknowledge receipt of the scholarship to the donor, during her lifetime, through the Department of Planned Giving.