Resident Requirements

Do I have to live on campus?

Park University has a residency requirement. If you are a single student under the age of 21, you are required to live in a residence hall, unless:

  • You are living with your parents, legal guardians or dependent children within a 59 mile radius or
  • You have completed 58 or more credit hours prior to your first semester of attendance.

Do I have to have a meal plan?

Yes, if you are a residential student, you need to choose one of three meal plans. Meals are part of the room-and-board package and cannot be separated out. See

Do I need to get vaccinations/immunizations/shots if I live on campus?

Park University Residence Life highly recommends that residential students get and provide documentation of vacations for the following: Tetanus/Toxoid, M.M.R. (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Polio*, Diphtheria, and Meningitis. You will be asked to provide the vaccination dates on your Housing Application. As students will be living in close proximity in this community environment – we believe getting the vaccinations is the best way to protect themselves and fellow students.

*The Polio vaccine is recommended for ALL Park University students, and highly recommended for students recently arriving from countries where there have been recent outbreaks, such as Somalia, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, and Iraq.

Are there apartments on campus?

Apartments are available on the fourth floor of Dearing Hall and are typically reserved for graduate students or family housing.  For an application and leasing information, contact the Office of Campus Housing, (816) 584-7401. 

Is there a deposit required to live on campus?

A one-time $100 deposit is required of all on-campus residents.

Are single rooms available in the residence halls?

Single rooms are available in limited numbers. Priority is given to upper-division students. An additional charge is required at confirmation each semester for Chesnut singles.

Internet Connection

Wireless connection is available in all buildings and Ethernet connection is available in rooms upon request. In order to access Park University’s Internet in the residence halls, you must have a current virus scan software installed and activated on your computer.


E-mail is Park University’s official form of communication and should be checked daily. You will be able to log into your e-mail account after getting your student ID number and password, which is mailed out to students. For security reasons, the ID number and password are each sent in a separate letter. E-mail can be accessed via the main webpage and through the MyPark portal.