Park.edu Home > Recycling > Waste Audit
The Park University recycling team is conducting a waste audit of the university.
Originally, waste was set to be sorted into the following categories:
1) Cardboard incl. paperboard
2) White paper
3) Other fibers – mixed paper, magazines, phone books
5) Food waste
7) Recyclable plastics 1-7
8) Other recyclable plastics: shrink wrap, grocery plastic bags
9) Garbage. Wet paper towels, bathroom waste, sandwich bags, waxed covered paper & cardboard, nonrecyclable plastics, etc.
Following the first sort, the recycling team realized that we needed two additional categories:
10) recyclable paper that had been contaminated by food waste after disposal and could not now be recycled
11) Other recyclables that had been extensively contaminated after disposal and cannot now be recycled.
Schedule of dumpster sorts