Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Psychology is both a science and an applied profession. Psychology is a broad discipline that deals with behavior and mental process. Career opportunities work in counseling, personal, business, industry, research and development, advertising, college teaching, medical settings, basic research, criminal justice, and government. For those students interested in becoming licensed psychologists or professional researchers, the major is designed to prepare them for possible graduate training.
Requirements for Admission
For information on applying, call 1-877-505-1059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will need to complete at least 30 semester hours through Park University, with 15 hours in their major in order to receive a degree from Park University.
See the Online Learning Admissions Process web
page for detailed information about our application and admissions
A total of 122 credit hours are required for degree completion. Forty-two (42) credits are in the major field distributed as follows:
Psychology Core :
- PS101 Introduction to Psychology 3 cr.
- PS307 Statistics for Social Sciences 3 cr.
- PS308 Principles of Social Research 3 cr.
- PS315 Theories of Personality 3 cr.
- PS398 Junior Seminar in Psychology 1 cr.
- PS404 History and Systems of Psychology 3 cr.
- PS406 Experimental Psychology 3 cr.
- PS407 Field Placement in Psychology 3 cr.
- PS498 Senior Seminar in Psychology 2 cr.
Select one of the following:
- PS388 Learning and Motivation 3 cr.
- PS408 Cognitive Psychology 3 cr.
- PS423 Physiological Psychology 3 cr.
At least five of the following electives:
- PS121 Human Growth and Development 3 cr.
- PS205 Child Psychology 3 cr.
- PS206 Introduction to Guidance and Counseling 3 cr.
- PS221 Adolescent Psychology 3 cr.
- PS222 Adult Development and Aging 3 cr.
- PS301 Social Psychology 3 cr.
- PS302 Tests and Measurements 3 cr.
- PS303 Career Counseling and Development 3 cr.
- PS309 Human Sexuality 3 cr.
- PS317 Psychology of Language 3 cr.
- PS341 Positive Psychology 3 cr.
- PS358 Applied Behavioral Analysis 3 cr.
- PS361 Cross-Cultural Psychology 3 cr.
- PS363 Psychology of Sport 3 cr.
- PS381 Psychology of Gender 3 cr.
- PS390 Special Topics in Psychology 3 cr.
- PS401 Abnormal Psychology 3 cr.
- PS402 Systems of Psychotherapy 3 cr.
- PS403 Special Problems in Psychology 3 cr.
- PS405 Independent Study in Psychology 3 cr.
- PS407 Field Placement (additional credits beyond are core requirement) 3 cr.
- PS410 Social Influences and Persuasion 3 cr.
- PS424 Industrial and Organizational Psychology 3 cr.
Total: 42 credits
Successfully complete the requirements for one of the minors as offered by the university. 18-24 cr.
Successfully complete the liberal education requirements as described in the university catalog.
^ Back to the Top