Park University’s Board of Trustees Elects New MembersTuesday, June 24, 2014
Park University’s Board of Trustees has elected two new members to serve on the University’s Board. Elected to their first term, effective July 1, were: LindyAnne Johnson and Jeff McKinney.
Johnson (left), who earned a Bachelor of Science degree in social psychology earlier this year from Park University’s Wentworth Military Academy and College Campus Center in Lexington, Mo., was elected as a “recently graduated trustee.” Johnson, a resident of Richmond, Mo., is the student services coordinator at Wentworth Military Academy. Her term on the Board concludes June 30, 2016.
McKinney (right), who was elected to the Board as the Park University Alumni Association’s representative, received a Bachelor of Arts degree in communication from Park University in 1981. He has served on the Alumni Association’s Alumni Council since 2006, and has been president of the Alumni Council since 2014 (his term ends June 30). McKinney, a resident of Round Rock, Texas, is a special education teacher at Round Rock High School and associate pastor of Pursuit Church in Austin, Texas.
The following trustees were re-elected to serve a term beginning July 1, 2014, and ending June 30, 2017:
• Lynn Bondurant, ’61, Ph.D., Avon, Ohio, President, Bondurant Consulting, second term
• Kristopher Flint, ’97, Kansas City, Mo., President, Stark Collective LLC, second term
• Ann Mesle, J.D., Kansas City, Mo., retired Jackson County, Mo., Circuit Court Judge, second term
• Lt. Gen. John Miller, Kansas City, Mo., retired U.S. Army, second term
• Rosemary Fry Plakas, ’63 (honorary Ph.D., 2003), Alexandria, Va., Historian/Curator, Library of Congress, second term
• Jeanette Prenger, ’09, Parkville, Mo., President and CEO, ECCO Select, second term
• Eric Wade, ’82, M.P.A. ’85, Lenexa, Kan., City Administrator, City of Lenexa, second term
• David Warm, Kansas City, Mo, Executive Director, Mid-America Regional Council, second term
• Julie Wilson, Lee’s Summit, Mo., Senior Vice President/Chief People Officer, Cerner Corp., third term
The Board also elected officers for the 2014-15 year — Chair: Mesle; Vice Chair: Thomas Holcom, retired Chair and CEO, Pioneer Financial Services Inc.; and Treasurer: Scott McRuer, President, McRuer Certified Public Accountants.
The University’s Board of Trustees is comprised of business, civic, educational and philanthropic leaders, as well as Park alumni and friends, who advocate on the University’s behalf.