Park University's School of Business Establishes Chapter for International Honor SocietyThursday, November 21, 2013
The School of Business at Park University established the Mu Chi Chapter of the Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society in Business during an induction ceremony on Nov. 5 on the University’s Parkville Campus.
Delta Mu Delta, an honor society for business programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs at the baccalaureate, graduate and doctoral levels, identifies and encourages academic excellence of students at qualifying colleges and universities. The organization creates a community that fosters the well-being of its individual members and the business community through lifetime membership.
Honorary initiates include founding members Ed Bradley, Bank Liberty, and Antoinette Madeira, ’88, Candice Bennett and Associates Inc. Both are also founding members of the School of Business Advisory Council. Other honorary initiates are: Brad Kleindl, Ph.D., dean of the School of Business; and chapter co-advisors and faculty members of Park’s School of Business: Clifford Ferby, management lecturer and academic director at Park’s Fort Bliss (Texas) Campus Center; Robert Schneider, management instructor at Park’s Lackland Air Force Base (Texas) Campus Center; and William Venable III, assistant professor of business/management at the Parkville Campus.
Inducted membership is restricted to business students of good standing who are in the top 20 percent of their respective class and who have completed at least one-half of the required coursework. This year’s inaugural class of inductees:
• Patricia D. Bakeman, senior human resource management major from Liberty, Mo.
• Aaron W. Curtis, Master of Business Administration graduate student, from Kansas City, Mo. (attended Kearney [Mo.] High School)
• Kyle S. Estes, senior accounting major from Kansas City, Mo. (attended Sumner Academy High School, Kansas City, Kan.)
• Karen L. Lane, senior accounting major from Smithville, Mo.
• Cara R. Lightle, chapter vice president and senior marketing major from Shawnee, Kan. (attended Shawnee Mission Northwest High School, Shawnee, Kan.)
• Antonio M. Marquez, chapter secretary and senior marketing major from Kansas City, Mo. (attended Kearney [Mo.] High School)
• Joseph P. Simone, chapter president and senior marketing major from Kansas City, Mo.
• Minnie N. Washington, chapter treasurer and junior marketing from Kansas City, Mo. (attended Park Hill High School)
• Atse W. Yapo, senior finance major from Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire