Why Apply to the Degree with Honors Program?
- Honors Program membership automatically means that the student is among the highest academic achievers in her or his group. Thus, when that member applies for scholarships, internships, study abroad opportunities, etc., that may be a prime factor in a committee or employer decision. One full scholarship for study abroad is offered to an Honors Program member during each fall, spring and summer semester.
- Students who enter the Program as freshmen and complete each course will enjoy up to 50% financial support for study/service abroad.
- Honors Program membership guarantees that a student will always have access to an immediate recommendation for employment, scholarships, internships, etc., from the Director.
- Honors Program membership allows the individual student to work outside the classroom to achieve the “dream” project of his or her own design. Design and completion of such a project demonstrates to future employers or selection committees the creativity, vision, maturity and intellect of the applicant. It also leaves the student with an artifact or product that will act much like a professional portfolio in use for employers and selection committees.
- Our Honors Program promotes opportunities to its membership that students may not otherwise know about. While such opportunities are available to all Park University students, Honors students directly receive such information.
- Honors Program membership and successful completion will be reflected on the member's transcript and diploma, acting as a guarantee to employers or committees of the academic acumen of that member.
- Honors Program membership offers an expenses-paid trip to present the research project at the Great Plains Honors Council.