Scholarship selections begin in the spring for the following award year. The priority deadline for the Endowed Scholarship Application with autobiography/personal statement and two letters of recommendation (some scholarships require the recommendation letters be from educators and/or supervisors) is February 1st each year, however, applications are accepted year around.
How to Apply For Scholarships
Applications and brochures with more detailed information are available in the Student Financial Services Office, or available on their web site at: http://www.park.edu/scholarship/. You may be able to apply online for certain scholarships.
Call the Scholarship Coordinator at (816) 584-6294 for this and additional information on applying for funds from outside sources.
Since some scholarships require students to demonstrate financial need, it is recommended that students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Dr. Donald J. Breckon Endowed Scholarship - This award was endowed by the friends of this previous Park University President upon his retirement in 2001. Applicants must be international students, admitted to one of Park University's graduate programs, who are willing to return to their country of origin immediately after graduate study, to provide leadership in improving the quality of life in their homeland. First priority will be given to a baccalaureate degree recipient from Park University. Second Priority will be given to an individual nominated by the Community of Christ Church, the Presbyterian Church or an organization that is committed to improving international relations and/or conditions.
- William and Anne Finch Graduate Education Endowed Scholarship - This scholarship was established by Margaret Preston, in memory of her parents, to assist educators in attaining a graduate education degree. Applicants must have at least two years of experience as a classroom teacher and be continuously enrolled full time. Recipient must maintain a 3.75 GPA while enrolled, with no grade below B.
- Paul H. Gault/UMB Endowed Leadership Scholarship - This scholarship honors Mr. Gault for his more than 45 years of service to Park University and is also a tribute to Park's long-term partnership with UMB. Applicants must be admitted to one of the graduate degree programs at Park University, with the first preference given to students in the Master of Public Affairs program. Students who have received their bachelor's degree from Park University will receive priority consideration.
- The Griffin-Richardson Endowed Internship in Washington D.C. - Verna Griffin Richardson, Park University class of '55, has endowed a summer internship to assist a student motivated by such a learning opportunity. This award is available to graduate and undergraduate students. Students admitted to the Master of Public Affairs may apply. Applicants are required to have 3.25 GPA, in major courses. Political Science faculty recommendation is required. Internship must be in the area of our nation's capitol.
- Dr. Jerzy Hauptmann Graduate School of Public Affairs Scholarship - This scholarship was established by an anonymous graduate of the Hauptmann School in honor of Dr. Jerzy Hauptmann. Applicants must be pursuing a Park University MPA degree with at least 12 hours completed by December 31st of the calendar year, and have a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average. In addition, applicants must submit a 500-1,000 word essay on how they plan to "use the MPA degree in making a difference in the world."
- Nickie and Don Martin Graduate Education Endowed Scholarship - This scholarship was established by Don Martin, Park University class of '45, in memory of his wife, Nickie (Margaret Nichols) Martin, Park University class of '47, to assist educators in attaining a graduate education degree. Applicants must have at least two years of experience as a classroom teacher. Applicants must be enrolled full time and be employed by a school that serves students who are educationally at-risk. Preference will be given to those educators involved with special needs education. Financial need and professional/community leadership experience will be considered. Recipient must maintain 3.75 cum GPA, with no grade below B.
- Elmer and Kathryn Martin and Angelo Patri Endowed Scholarship for graduate students in Early Childhood Education - Don Martin, Park University class of '45, established this scholarship in memory of his mother and father, and the noted educator, Mr. Patri, who had a profound influence on all three of their lives. Applicants must be an early childhood educator working on a master's degree, with a 3.0 cum GPA. Financial need will be considered.
- Mary Lucille Rowe Endowed Scholarship for Early Childhood Education - This scholarship was established by David Rowe Harris in memory of his mother, to assist undergraduate and graduate students in attaining their education degrees. Graduate students must have earned a 3.0 in previous college work. Students already working in, or planning on working in early childhood education, may apply for this award. Financial need and community involvement will be considered.
- Marlowe Sherwood Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship - This scholarship was established by Park University's Alumni Council in recognition of Marlowe Sherwood's 14 years of service to the University as the Alumni Director. The applicant must be alumni or related as a spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, nephew or niece. Applicants need to provide the name and relationship to alumni. Applicants must be officially admitted to Park University. Applicants may be full or part time, traditional or non-traditional at any Park University campus or program. Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA, making normal progress towards graduation, and meet all other regular qualifications for financial aid at Park University. This scholarship will be awarded for a single academic year, and must be used within the academic year. The award is not automatically renewable, however, recipients may reapply for this award in subsequent years