Park.edu Home > Graduate School > Graduate Degree Programs
Frequently Asked Questions - Faculty
ID Numbers, Keys, Parking
Student Enrollment/MyPark system Information
Park Computer Systems
22. What is eCollege
Faculty Policies & Procedures
1. Each faculty and staff member of Park University receives an ID card with their picture and ID number on it. This information will be available upon hiring, or at the Associate Dean's Office (Parkville Campus).
2. Each student, faculty and staff member of Park University receives an ID number with their ID card. This number is unique to them and is part of login and username for OPEN and Park Google Apps. Please check with your supervisor. For parking at the Parkville Campus, you will have to apply for a parking sticker (http://www.park.edu/Safety/Parkingpermit.aspx) and display it in your car's window. For the Downtown Campus, you will receive your parking ID from the facilities coordinator, located at 911 Main, Suite 800, Kansas City, MO 64105. This position will be occupied Monday through Thursday 2:00 p.m. to 10.30 p.m., and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (contact 816-559-5602 for more details). Faculty will not need another ID card from Parkville, if they have an ID card issued downtown.
3. Classrooms will be unlocked before classes start, but you might need keys for your office. Campus security may be contacted if a room needs locking or unlocking at the Parkville campus; the facilities coordinator should be contacted for similar concerns at the downtown campus.
4. If you lost your ID card, contact the office where you received it and apply for a new one. There is a replacement fee
5. You will receive your parking ID from the facilities coordinator, located at 911 Main, Suite 800, Kansas City, MO 64105. This position will be occupied Monday through Thursday from 2:00 p.m. to 10.30 p.m., and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (contact 816-559-5602 for more details). You will not need another ID card from Parkville, if you already have an ID card issued downtown. The parking garage is at 920 Walnut, Kansas City.
6. The parking garage is at 910 Walnut, Kansas City. To view a map of the immediate area of the parking garage downtown, click here.
7. To view a map of the immediate area of the parking garage downtown, click here. At the Parkville Campus, a legitimate parking space is usually one marked with two white lines or two blue lines for handicap (exceptions are the gravel parking lots).
8. To apply for parking lot stickers for the Parkville campus - click here.
9. No, currently, there are no charges for parking in Parkville or downtown.
10. List of important phone numbers:
11. List of Graduate Programs contacts:
12. The Park University operator and the receptionists at the other campus locations will be more than happy to get you in contact with the necessary person(s). To reach the Park University operator dial (816) 741-2000 and press ‘0'. For the downtown campus, dial (816) 559-5601.
13. For bounce back emails intended for students, please contact Shaun Ferguson, Park Google Apps Administrator, at (816) 584-6787 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. In case you will not be able to attend class, you must inform your program director. If your course is scheduled downtown, you may additionally leave a message with the facilities coordinator at (816) 559-5602, or the administrative assistant to the Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies at (816) 559-5625.
15. To view student enrollment, enter MyPark. Click on “Class List/Attendance” on the menu and enter the course number, section, and catalog. Make sure that the correct term shows up at the “Current Option Settings”, and click on “Submit_Request”. Numbers are available as soon as the course schedules are online (usually 3-4 months before the start of the term).
16. To contact your program director.
17. Using the MyPark system, instructors can
Your MyPark password will be issued to you when you are hired. You may also contact the administrative assistant at (816) 559-5625 or your campus director.
18. How to Use MyPark
a. Obtain login (ID) and password (PIN) from the Office of Graduate Studies (a photo ID must be presented), or contact the Help Desk at (800) 927-3024 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST/CTD, Monday through Friday.
b. Point the web browser to https://my.park.edu/ics/.
c. Enter login and password, click on OK. Click on “Faculty On-Line Access”.
d. Click on “Faculty” tab.
Please note: MyPark allows faculty to see data for one term at a time, so you will have to update the current option settings as needed. Click on “Set Options”, then select the appropriate term from the list. Hint: If the course you want is not on the registration list, make sure that the correct term has been selected.
e. Click once on any option – to view degree audit, view transcript, view personal information, view financial aid, view schedule, view the course catalog for specified session chosen, or enter grades.
f. Any screen can be printed.
g. When the faculty has completed viewing information, “EXIT” the browser to insure the privacy and security of personal information.
19. Park Google Apps addresses typically follow this format: email@example.com. To find an email address, click on the “Compose” button. The “From” field will display the email address. (Example: John Doe's email address would be: firstname.lastname@example.org.) Please note that email addresses are not case sensitive.
Park Google Apps currently will NOT support connectivity via Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Composer or any other 3rd party e-mail client.
21. Park Google Apps is IMP: the Internet Mail Program, an email service to all students, full-time and adjunct faculty, and staff at Park University, using the following email address:email@example.com. IMP is a web-based e-mail client for sending and receiving e-mail via the World Wide Web. Park Google Apps has been developed by Park University, using the IMP platform. Faculty can work with Park Google Apps in whatever internet browser they are familiar with after learning only a few new commands and procedures.
Park email is an email service available to full-time faculty and staff, based on MS Outlook. Email addresses usually are: firstname.lastname@example.org. Full-time faculty and staff get both services, Park Google Apps and MS Outlook, and may forward their PriateMail account to their MS Outlook account.
22. Within 48 hours of registering in the first course, students are granted access to eCollege (http://parkonline.org/). This system provides eClassroom - a virtual classroom for online courses, and eCompanion - an online supplement for face-to-face courses. Additionally, this can be used as a homepage and has links to MBS Bookstore, Park Google Apps, and OPEN.
It is recommended to test the computer system and explore eCollege before starting an online course. Students are expected to be prepared and ready to work on the first day of the term.
To login, faculty need their username and password. The username is the Park ID number (six digits): e.g. 123456. To obtain password information, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies at (816) 559-5625, or the Help Desk at (800) 927-3024 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CST/CTD, Monday through Friday.
23. Captain is Park's Intranet Web server a place for departments, faculty, and clubs to host various web pages and keep up to date with all the various information.
24. The Park University Bookstore, located in the Underground at the Parkville Campus, stocks textbooks for face-to-face and online courses. To contact the bookstore, call (816) 584-6747, or visit www.park.edu/bookstore.
Textbooks can also be ordered through MBS, or by phone at 1-800-325-3252.
25. To change the textbook for courses, please contact your program director.
26. The McAfee Memorial Library provides information, links, electronic databases and the online catalog. Contact: (816) 584-6285.
All qualified applicants should submit a letter of application, a complete vita, and at least three letters of recommendation to: Park University, Director of Human Resources, Box 11, 8700 NW River Park Drive, Parkville, MO 64152 or by e-mail to
28. The Adjunct Faculty Handbook is available online.
29. Payroll information, please contact your program director first. If they are unavailable to answer your questions, please contact Academic Affairs at (816) 584-6355.
30. Please complete the Application for Graduate Faculty, have it signed by the program director, and forward it to Betty Deck, Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director, 911 Main Street, Suite 900, Kansas City, MO 64105. If you have any questions, please call (816) 559-5625.
Park University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities.