Giving to Park University
What Can I Give?
- Gifts of Cash and Securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds)
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
Ways to GivePark Fund - Unrestricted Giving
Your contribution to The Park Fund provides unrestricted and budget relieving support for the general operating budget of the University. Giving to Park University is an investment in the continued growth of the University and insures that others - students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends- will have those same experiences. Your gift will be used in various ways - to strengthen and enhance academic programs, provide scholarship assistance to students with financial need, provide funding for faculty development, increase resources in the library, provide necessary upgrades to our technology, sustain and grow our athletic programs, and help renovate our buildings and other facilities on campus. Your contribution helps the University bridge the gap between tuition revenues and the actual cost of a Park University education.
Designated Gifts Many donors prefer to support specific programs and projects at the University. These gifts, known as annual restricted gifts, enable the University to provide opportunities for students and faculty that otherwise would not be possible.
Establishing an Endowment or Scholarship Fund - Restricted Giving
One way that you can elect to leave a legacy is through the establishment of an endowed fund, a fund where the corpus (initial investment) remains untouched, while earnings from the previous fiscal year are spent on the designated purpose (approximately. 5% of the corpus). Endowments may be created to support scholarships, academic programs, professorships, and facilities. Endowments ensure Park's ability to provide access to academic excellence by guaranteeing revenue streams to the University that will continue into perpetuity.
Once an endowed fund has been established, any donor may contribute to the corpus of that fund. If you are interested in making a donation that will last forever, but you are not interested in creating a new endowed fund, you may contribute to any of the endowed funds currently established at Park. Park University currently has more than 50 endowed scholarships that currently support students to which you may contribute.
- Donors may create or endow a number of different types of funds that they may name after themselves or someone they wish to honor. Scholarships, chairs, departments and special purpose funds are available.
- The donor may accumulate gifts toward the endowment minimum. Planned and estate gifts may also be used to create endowed funds.
- Named Scholarships may be endowed with a gift of $25,000 (or with a multi-year pledge to establish an endowment of $25,000 or more).
- Academic chairs and professorships may be established with a gift of $500,000. A department or program can be endowed with a gift of $1,000,000.
- Donors may accumulate gifts toward endowing a chair, professorship, or department with an initial gift of $100,000.