Our ServicesLicensed counselors are available at no charge to Park University students. Counseling is offered to assist students in getting through the challenges that life presents in order to learn and grow.
To make an initial appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Counseling Center, located in Dearing (next to Chesnut Residence Hall). Fall and Spring office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and early evening appointments are available. If you send an email, please include your name, student number, a phone number where you can be reached, and a brief description of the reason for making an appointment.
The initial interview provides an opportunity to discuss present concerns, as well as relevant background information, in a confidential setting. This session will lead to a recommendation regarding further services and a mutually agreed upon decision as to how the Counseling Center can best help you. Referrals may be made to on-campus or off-campus services that are appropriate to your needs.
Distance counseling is available on a limited basis. Contact Erin Martin for details.
Here are some helpful tools to screen your mental health status. Mental health professionals suggest seeking professional help if you score high in these tests and quizzes.
Depression Screening Quiz
Anxiety Screening Quiz
Eating Disorder Screening Test
Adult ADD Screening Test
Bipolar Screening Test
What's Your Emotional Types? Quiz
Do I have Love, Lust, or Loser Relationship? Quiz
Domestic Violence Screening Quiz
Facebook Addiction Quiz
Why Choose Counseling?
- Manage transition and change
- Uncertainty about life goals and values
- Establish the stability necessary to complete your education
- Resolve problems in personal relationships
- Address feelings of depression, grief, loss, or anxiety
- Develop effective communication skills
- Family concerns
- Learn to manage stress
- Sexual concerns; sexual orientation
- Explore reasons for a lack of motivation, concentration difficulties
- Abuse of alcohol and other drugs
Student AdvocacyStudents who need assistance with resources such as utility, rent, income-based housing, health care, administrative assistance, or help accessing community resources such as food pantry, WIC, Childcare Subsidy or SNAP program can contact Student Advocate Shirish Malla.
What services are available?
- Counseling for individuals
- Distance counseling
- Specialized educational groups
- Consultation is offered to Park students, faculty and staff
- Light Therapy for Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Check out our Activities section