Park Alumni Directory
Park University Partners with Harris Connect
Beginning August 27, 2012
Park University is creating an alumni directory to be offered to members in both print and digital formats. As in the past, the University is collaborating with Harris Connect. Alumni Association members will be contacted by Harris Connect for the purpose of updating contact information, and sharing accomplishments and family news. Each member will be contacted by e-mail, postcard or phone, and will be offered the option to complete the questionnaire online, by phone or mail.
We ask that you please participate in this project. The information you provide helps the University stay in touch with its cherished alumni and helps alumni find their old friends and make new contacts. So, when that phone rings or you get an email from an unfamiliar sender, the answer is “Yes! Harris Connect is legitimate and they are working for your alma mater.”
How will Harris Connect contact me?
1) Email: Harris Connect will contact you through the email that Park University has on file. The email will include information about the project, how to purchase a copy of the directory and how to update your record online.
2) Mail: A postcard will be sent to alumni who do not have an email on file with Park. The card will provide a phone number and a link to the webpage where you can complete the online questionnaire.
3) Phone: Those who do not respond to the email or postcard may receive a phone call from Harris Connect. The operator will help you complete the questionnaire over the phone.
How will the information from the questionnaire be used?
1) A directory of all Park University alumni will be published in late December 2012. The directory will be available in both print and digital formats and may be purchased directly from Harris Connect.
2) The information will be used to update alumni records used by the University to send the Park University Magazine and invitations to events.
3) PirateLink, Park’s online alumni community, will be updated with the new information. PirateLink is available to all Alumni Association members.
When can I expect to hear from Harris Connect?
Monday through Friday, Harris Connect makes calls beginning at 8:00 a.m. and continuing until about 9:00 p.m., in all time zones. They may try to contact you at work during the day, in the evening, or during the weekend at home. On Saturdays, they may call from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; on Sundays they call from 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. If you are contacted at a time that is inconvenient for you, simply let the representative know. S/he will give you the Harris Connect toll-free number or will arrange to call you later.
Why did Harris Connect call me even though I completed my online questionnaire?
We've asked Harris Connect to contact everyone; primarily to make absolutely sure that the data we have is current. You'd be surprised how many people change jobs or move between the time they complete an online questionnaire and the time the directory is ready to print. Plus, we want to be sure that all information is correct so that our directory is accurate and useful.
If my name is listed in the directory, am I obligated to purchase a copy?
Although everyone will be given the opportunity to purchase his or her own copy of the directory, your name will be listed regardless of whether you decide to purchase a copy.
What if I don't want to be listed in the directory? What if I don't want certain pieces of information listed?
Harris Connect can still update your information for us, but will honor your specific request to exclude all or parts of your biographical data from the publication.
What happens if I don't order a directory now, but change my mind later?
We have arranged to print as many directories as are ordered before we go to press. So, if you do change your mind prior to publication, you can call 877-596-9052.
What forms of payment will be accepted for the purchase of a directory?
The directory may be paid for by major credit card or check. Payment(s) may be made by credit card at the time of order or by check upon receipt of the invoice(s). We also offer installment payment plans, allowing you to pay a portion now and the rest later.
If I place an order using a credit or debit card, how will the charge appear on my statement?
On statements for most major credit cards, "HC" will appear with part of or the entire name of the institution, e.g. HC Park University. On American Express statements, "Harris Connect" will appear with part of or the entire name of the institution, e.g. Harris Connect Park University.
What if I decide I want to cancel the order I have placed?
Orders for the directory may be canceled by simply writing the word "Cancel" on the invoice and returning it to Harris Connect or by calling the Harris Connect Customer Service Department at 1-800-877-6554. Be sure to provide the account number when calling.
Who do I contact if I have other questions?
Contact the Park University Office of Alumni Relations at (816) 584-6207, (800) 488-7275 or email@example.com