U.S. Transfer Graduate Students
If you are an international student, transferring from a US school:
- Completed Park University application form. Be sure to sign your name and enclose $100.00, which is the $50.00 application fee and $50.00 international student fee.
- International students are only eligible for the Fall – 16 week (Aug-Dec) and the Spring – 16 week (Jan-May) semesters.
- International students applying from outside of the US can only choose the Parkville Campus.
- The "Mailing Address" should be the International Address (Home Address). If you have a local US address, please put that in as the Alternate address.
- International telephone number is required.
- Please indicate your country of citizenship and country of residence, even if they are the same as the country of birth.
- A bachelor's degree of four years of full-time college work from an accredited foreign institution.
- Official or unofficial transcripts from your college/university. Certified English translations of the transcripts should be provided for transcripts that are in a language other than English.
- Official TOEFL score if English is not the applicant's primary language.
- A notarized Affidavit of Support and supporting bank statement(s) in US Dollars showing the ability to finance one year of study. For more information, please see financial supporting documentation.
- For transfer student from a US school, the international student transfer form should be completed by your current DSO and returned.
- Color Copy of your I-20, passport, visa and I-94.
- These documents may be faxed, emailed or mailed directly to International Student Services at
International Student Services
8700 NW River Park Dr PMB#3
Parkville, MO 64152
Fax: (816) 505-5443
Most graduate programs will require additional supporting documentation. For more information, please visit Admissions for The School of Graduate and Professional Studies
If English is not the applicant's primary language, an official copy of TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) score will be required. The minimum scores required are as follows.
Internet-Based Test (iBT)
Paper-Based Test (PBT)
Computer-Based Test (CBT)
Minimum Score for
Park University's institutional code: 0044 - TOEFL website: http://www.ets.org/toefl
Applicants who hold a bachelor's or higher degree from a university located in the United States or in another country in which English is both the primary spoken language and the medium of instruction are exempt from both the TOEFL/IELTS requirement and the English.
Financial Support Documentation
- International students not meeting the minimum TOEFL requirement may opt to be granted provisional admission to the Graduate School, but only receive an I-20 for the English as an International Language Program (EIL).
- Upon arrival, the student will take the Compass Language Placement Test and if successful, may be granted full admission to the Graduate School. Those students not successful will be required to enroll in English language courses in the EIL program. Provisional EIL students will not be allowed to begin any Graduate School classes until they have met the English language requirements.
- The TOEFL/IELTS Test is not required IF you are a citizen of a country which has English as an official language.
In addition to completing the Confidential Financial Statement
you must also submit financial documentation to verify your support. You must submit supporting bank statement(s) less than 6 months old and/or other financial documents showing the ability to finance annual expenses ($17,082.00), to live in the United States and study at Park. If the bank account is not in your name, include a sworn or certified letter or Affidavit of Support
and from the account holder verifying that s/he will be supporting you.
Costs and Tuition Fee
9 Months Estimated Cost
Room & Board
Health Insurance (Mandatory)
Student Activity Fee
TOTAL US DOLLARS
* The tuition fee above is based on 6 credits per semester at $441.00 per credit hour, and the SEVIS F-1/J-1/M-1 fee of $600 per semester. (Subject to Board approval)
*Please note that all international students are required to fulfill minimum of 6 credit hours each semester. Tuition for prerequisites (if needed) will be charged at the undergraduate credit hour rate of $298.00.
* An additional fee of $160 will be applied for an evaluation of transcripts if transfer of credit is required.
AS A GENERAL POLICY, PARK UNIVERSITY DOES NOT EXTEND PAYMENT PLANS TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. YOU MUST PAY ALL YOUR COSTS PRIOR TO REGISTERING AND STARTING CLASSES.