- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Science
Park University confers the associate’s degree at selected locations when a candidate has satisfied
the following conditions:
1. Presentation of a minimum of sixty (60) earned credit hours.
2. Cumulative GPA of 2.0 for Park University courses.
3. Satisfaction of all requirements for a major as outlined in the catalog
4. Completion of 15 earned (A, B, C, D) Park University credit hours in residence. At least nine
of these credits must be in the major core.
5. Proficiency in the use of the English language which can be demonstrated by the successful
completion of one of the following:
- Park University courses EN 105 First Year Writing Seminar I: Critical Reading, Writing
and Thinking Across Contexts and EN 106 First Year Writing Seminar II: Academic
Research and Writing or equivalent courses from a regionally accredited institution.
- CLEP College Composition and the completion of EN106 First Year Writing Seminar II:
Academic Research and Writing or an equivalent course.
6. Proficiency in the use of mathematics which can be demonstrated by the successful completion
of one of the following:
- MA 120 Basic Concepts of Statistics, MA 125 Intermediate Algebra, or an equivalent course
from a regionally accredited institution.
- CLEP General Examination #5 Mathematics. (Not required for an Associate of Science in
7. Completion of the general education requirements which can be satisfied by completing 15
credit hours outside the division of the major, with a minimum of six (6) credit hours in the
areas of humanities, natural sciences and social sciences.
8. Presentation of an application for diploma not less than 60 days prior to projected completion.
Note: Courses are coded as Humanities, Natural Science and Social Sciences. Credits in English
composition (EN 105 and EN 106) cannot be applied toward the humanities general