Scholarships, Grants and PrizesSeveral scholarships, grants and prizes are available to students in the History Program at Park University.
Zeta Omicron Textbook GrantThe Zeta Omicron Textbook Grant, established in 2008 by members to recognize their past fifty years, awards an incoming, first-time freshman that has exhibited, in high school, academic excellence a $500 textbook grant. The grant is a two-semester financial assistance for a first-time freshman majoring in history. The grant is distributed at $250 per semester during the freshmen academic year. The textbook grant does not cover textbooks during summer session(s). If an awardee changes his/her major from history during their first semester, they will not be qualified for the remaining grant during the next semester of their freshman year.
- First-time freshman applicant (no more than 15 credit hours of college transfer credit) to Park University’s Parkville Campus.
- Majoring in any of the three areas of concentration in the Program of History.
- High School cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher (non-weighted).
- High School cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or higher in social studies courses (non-weighted).
- ACT Score of 25/SAT Score of 1140.
- Submission of the required 500 word essay. Essay topic is: Discuss the importance of studying history in relationship to our civic responsibility as American citizens.
- The essay shall be typed, double-spaced, Microsoft Word, Times New Roman, 12 point font and include in the top left corner of each page the name, mailing address, email address and semester of attendance by the submitter.
- March 1st for Fall semester admission
- November 1st for Spring semester admission
Submit your essay by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Dr. Timothy Westcott
Associate Professor of History
8700 N.W. River Park Drive
Parkville, MO 64152