GeographyUpon first reaction, you might think Geography has little to do with your day-to-day life and even less in regard to what you intend to do for your future career plans. You might think that studying geography is nothing more than memorizing state capitals or learning to plot points on a map. But geography, as an academic field, is about much more than that!
Professional geographers explore and analyze the multitude of connections and relationships between virtually every facet of the places and spaces over the Earth's surface. Therefore, geography is actually the original spatial science. Some geographers have even described the field simply (yet appropriately) as the study of the "why of where?" (Note: Not just the "where?")
Therefore, Geography is truly interdisciplinary and integrative by its very nature. It explores a wide spectrum of topics and issues, and it is the only discipline at Park University to span both the social and natural sciences. Due to this broad range, the Geography program has been designed to allow students the flexibility to be able to select coursework that best suites their individual interests.
- Geography as an academic discipline studies the spatial dimensions of, and links between, culture, society and Earth's processes.
- Combining a thorough foundation in geographic and spatial analysis principles with a framework that bridges the humanities, social sciences, and physical sciences; we aim to help develop future leaders for society.
- Those who study geography are well-prepared to understand and explain global political issues that occur between countries, cultures, cities, and between regions within countries.
- Because of the broad selection of specialty areas, geography is a discipline that can lead to a large number of career options in almost every industry.
To provide maximum flexibility for students interested in pursing geography studies remotely or in the Kansas City area, the Bachelor’s in Geography and minor offerings in the Geography program are offered online and at our Parkville, Mo. campus.
- Bachelor of Science in Geography
- Minor in Geography
- Minor in Geoscience
- Minor in Geographical Information Systems
- Minor in Global Sustainability
Gamma Theta UpsilonJoin the Park University chapter of Gamma Theta Upsilon, the International Geographic Honor Society. More
- 34-40 Hours
- 2.0 GPA
- 18 Hours
- 2.0 GPA