Scholarships and AwardsSeveral scholarships and awards are available to English majors, including the following opportunities.
The William B. Markward Award in Early Modern Language, Literature and Culture
$500.00 will be awarded, annually, to the best essay on some aspect of early modern English language, literature or culture.
Kathryn Houghton Groves Endowed Scholarship
- Be a mathematics or English major
- have a 3.25 G.P.A. in major courses
- have a 3.00 overall G.P.A.
- be active in campus activities or organizations
The Nicholas Manchion Endowed Scholarship
- Be a declared English major
- be a sophomore
- Have a G.P.A. or 3.0
- Be enrolled full-time
- Submit an original poem to be judged by the English Department (without knowing the identity of the student)
For more information on these and other scholarships, contact:
Financial Aid Office
Second Floor, Norrington Hall
Phone: (816) 584-6290
Fax: (816) 584-2152