Mission StatementMission Statement: Students will be trained to apply economic concepts and analysis to solve real world problems, and they will be able to effectively communicate solutions in oral and written formats.
Vision StatementVision Statement: Students will have skills necessary for entry-level employment in government or private-sector positions as economists or data analysts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory underlying national government policymaking (macroeconomics).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory of the global economy.
- Analyze and draw conclusions about economic problems and policies.
- Use quantitative analysis to test hypotheses of an economic nature the concepts of ethics and social responsibility in the use of statistical analysis.
- Communicate economic theory and analysis in oral and written formats.
- Conduct an independent economic analysis in a learning environment, including a series of formal oral presentations which culminate in a research paper.