About the ProgramPark University’s Athletic Training Education Program is accredited by CAATE (Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.) The major provides students with a variety of courses and practical experiences related to the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. Students must submit a formal application to be admitted to this program. Acceptance is based on a minimum overall grade point average, success in designated professional courses, recommendations, athletic training competencies and proficiencies, and a minimum completion of observational hours under the direct supervision of a Certified Athletic Trainer. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training, students are eligible to take the Board of Certification exam.
Areas of EducationStudents learn professional skills in the following areas:
- Risk management and injury prevention
- Pathology and acute care of injuries and illness
- Orthopedic clinical examination and diagnosis
- Medical conditions and disabilities
- Therapeutic modalities
- Conditioning, rehabilitative exercise and referral
- Psychosocial intervention and referral
- Nutritional aspects of injuries and illnesses
- Health care administration
For further information regarding the overall goals and objectives of the program, download the athletic training program's policies and procedures manual.
Admission RequirementsCandidates for a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training must complete the core admission requirements prior to being officially accepted into the program. More
Program OutcomesView statistics for the successful completion of the Board of Certification (BOC) Examination by Park University graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training.
Class of 2012
ScholarshipsStudents pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training or a Bachelor of Science in Fitness and Wellness are eligible to apply for the following scholarships if they meet all the eligibility requirements.
Learn More About Athletic Training
- National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Board of Certification, Inc.
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Mid-America Athletic Trainers' Association